Inspirational Quote: The only person holding you back is you




Inspirational Quote

THE ONLY PERSON

HOLDING YOU BACK

IS YOU


Place             : Cingjing Farm 清境农场, Taiwan 台湾 
Camera         : Nikon D5100




Why this quote?


In runningoccasionally I give excuses for not pushing harder or not running the extra km. 

Tired; lack of sleep; no strength, and all sorts of excuses.

But usually after not giving my best, I regret.


I would say, 

"If I were to run a bit faster..."; 

"If I were to train a bit harder..."; 

"If I were to press on..."

"If I were to have stronger mental strength..."


But it's over.

And I can only look forward to the next run.


If I don't improve, I can't blame others.

If I feel unhappy about my timing, I can't blame others.

If I do not finish the race, I can't blame others.

If I have weak mental strength, I can't blame others.



Who am I to blame?

I have only myself to blame. 

Because I am the one to hold myself back - not others - from progressing, moving forward in running.




Similarly in life

I am sometimes held back by my past pains, past mistakes, past grudges, past sorrows, etc.

And I dwell upon my past.

And I am stuck in my past.

I am also sometimes held back by my own weaknesses, my own ego, my own pride, my own unwillingness to learn new things.

And I don't progress.

And I don't improve.



Who am I to blame?

I have only myself to blame.

Because I am the one to hold myself back - not others - from progressing, moving forward in life.


Therefore, I will always remind myself that "I can be better" and not to let me hold myself back anymore

I need to continue to move on in life. 

To experience new things. 

To learn new things.

To be more adventurous

To be more courageous.

To be a better self.

To LIVE LIFE!



Written on 2016.03.25


Comments

Post a Comment