Reopening Singapore July 2022


Reopening Singapore July 4-8, 2022

This was my first overseas trip since November 2019. And I have chosen Singapore to be the first country to visit after Covid lockdown.

I bought a return trip bus ticket via www.busonlineticket.com . 

The bus company that I chose was Transtar Travel  . It was my second time traveling with this bus company.

Hotel that I stayed was JEN Singapore Tanglin by Shangri-la . It was also my second time staying at this beautiful hotel.

I used to travel with my iPhone for some travel photos. During the pandemic lock down period in Novebmer 2022,  I bought an APSC camera Fujifilm X-T200. Reopening Singapore was my first overseas travel trip with both an APSC camera and an iPhone as my travel cameras. 


See what I see in Singapore

1. Haji Lane, Singapore



Tucked away in Singapore's Kampong Glam - Haji Lane is the coolest street in Singapore with hip and trendy neighbourhood; and one of the best streets you can find anywhere in the world.

March down the quirky and vibrant street of Haji Lane. This long, narrow road is lined with fusion restaurants, electric shops, and unusual concept boutiques that are sure to tickle your fancy!

I walked up and down this narrow lane twice to capture some beautiful travel street moments with the beautiful light and shadow.

If you ever visit Singapore, please don't miss out this spot.

Travel photo gallery:

2. Interesting places along 32km running route in Singapore 



One of my must do lists whenever I visit Singapore is to run, run, and run! It's such a great joy to run in Singapore as every place is so clean and well connected.

Besides, there are public toilets and water fountains along most of the running routes.

Top it all is the breathtaking views of Singapore in the morning - with joggers, runners, walkers, cyclists exercising together. It's such great fun indeed! 

Easily, morning run in Singapore is my top most favourite things to do in Singapore. 

Besides Singapore Botanical Gardens, which is also near JEN Singapore Tanglin by Shangri-la, my most favourite route is to run along Singapore River and Marina Bay - all the way until Kallang Riverside into residential condos, Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore Water Sports Center, etc.

On July 5, I ran 32km enjoying my most favourite parts of Singapore. 

Here are all the interesting places I have run passed. 

Part 1: JEN Singapore Tanglin by Shangri-La to Esplanade
- Tanglin Road,
- Alexandra Canal Linear Park
- Alexandra Park Connector,
- Clarke Quay,
- Victoria Concert Hall
- Asia Civilisations Museum
- Esplanade
Part 2: Esplanade to Kallang River Park (u-turn point)
- Esplanade bridge,
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel,
- Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade,
- Marina Bay Sands
- floating Apple store
- Flower Dome
- Cloud Forest,
- Marina Barrage,
- Marina East Park
- Bay East Garden
- Tanjung Rhu
- Pebble Bay
- Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Water Sports Centre
- Kallang Water Sports Centre
- Kallang Dragonboat Nursery Beach
- Kallang Riverside Park (Turn back point)
Part 3: Kallang River Park to Esplanade (the other side of river / Bay)
- Kallang Park
- Wave Bridge
- Marina Bay Street Circuit (where F1 is held)
- Marina Promenade
- Singapore Flyer
- Helix Bridge
- Youth Olympic Park
- The Float @ Marina Bay
- Esplanade.
Part 4: Esplanade back to Hotel (same route as part 1)
- Esplanade
- Asia Civilisations Museum
- Victoria Concert Hall
- Clarke Quay,
- Alexandra Park Connector,
- Alexandra Canal Linear Park
Tanglin Road
- Jen Singapore Tanglin

Check out Singapore's amazing Park Connector Network for all the running / walking / cycling routes in Singapore.

Travel photo gallery:

3. People's Park Complex, Chinatown, Singapore


People's Park Complex (珍珠坊) is a high-rise commercial and residential building in Singapore. It's situated in Park Road off Eu Tong Sen Street in Outram, within People's Park and next to Chinatown MRT station.

I took escalator then climbed up the staircases to the roof top of People's park Complex in Chinatown Singapore. Coincidentally, there was water puddle on the floor of the roof top. Hence, I placed my Fujifilm camera at a low angle to get some reflection of People's Park Complex's beautiful symmetrical facades on the water. 

Viola - here is the outcome of the reflection shots of People's Park Complex! I hope you like them!

4. Clarke Quay / Boat Quay, Singapore during blue hour


This is one of my favourite spots in Singapore. Clarke Quay and Boat Quay are so lively at night. Besides being a social gathering place for drinking and dining, it also has nice tracks for runners, joggers, cyclists and dog lovers to to their daily exercises. 

In the mornings, I ran passed here. In the evenings, I walked passed here. It's such a beautiful place. 

For more info on Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, you can check out Visit Singapore

Travel photo gallery:

5. Kampong Glam, Singapore


Singapore is a highly runnable and walkable city. I love to walk and run in Singapore so much. On the day I went out for street travel photography, I walked 30,000 steps on that single day. And I spent a few hours at Kampong Glam / Haji Lane area alone capturing street and urban beauty of Singapore. 

Centred on busy Arab Street, Kampong Glam is known as Singapore's Muslim Quarter. Its 19th-century shophouses have been turned into stores selling textiles and casual restaurants serving spicy Malay and global fare. 

Notable landmarks here include the golden domed Sultan Mosque and the Malay Heritage Centre, where exhibits focus on local history. 

Go and visit when there is good sun light. It's worth  spending half a day there. For more info on Kampong Glam, check out: Visit Singapore 

6. Marina Bay, Singapore at night



Marina Bay is undoubtably the most popular spot in Singapore. With all the iconic buildings and places such as Marina Bay Sands, Merlion Park, Gardens by the Bay, Promenade, Helix Bridge, etc. Singapore has become one of the top tourist countries in the world.

I took some shots while I had a stroll in the evenings.

Travel photo gallery:

7. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, Chinatown, Singapore



Located in the historic district of Chinatown, Singapore, the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum's richly designed interiors and comprehensive exhibits of Buddhist art and history tell stories of culture over thousands of years old. Built in 2007, the temple gets its name from what the Buddhists regard as the left canine tooth of Buddha, which has been recovered from his funeral pyre in Kushinagar, India and displayed on the temple's grounds. 

During my next trip to Singapore - I would want to revisit this temple and spend more time in the neighbourhood during blue hour / night.

Travel photo gallery:

8. Daily lives at Orchard Road, Singapore



I took an easy morning stroll around 8-9am along Orchard Road before shops were all fully open.

What was welcoming on that particular day was the beautiful sunlight and casting shadows on squeaky clean streets, and the office workers rushing to work. 

It's the daily lives of Singaporeans. 

Instead of capturing the usual famous landmarks, I  focused more on capturing the daily street scenes.

Travel photo gallery:


9. Running at Singapore Botanical Gardens



One of the main reasons why I love to stay at JEN Singapore Tanglin by Shangri-La is its close proximity to all the great running places.

During the trip, besides running 32km covering Marina Bay / Kallang Riverside from the the hotel, I also took the opportunity to run 10km on another morning at Singapore Botanical Gardens, which is just 2 roads way from the hotel. How convenient!

You can find out more at: Visit Singapore 

Travel photo gallery:





Please visit the complete travel photo album "Reopening Singapore 2022":

SEE WHAT I SEE

TRAVEL PHOTO ALBUM

Reopening Singapore 2022

Comments