Sky Bar @ 63rd floor, Lebua, Bangkok,Thailand - 820 feet in the air



I was on my first business trip to Bangkok, Thailand last month after grounding myself in Kuala Lumpur for close to a year.

Despite the fact that I have been to Bangkok several times - either on business trips or holidays, and I have heard of so many accolades being recommended by friends, I have never stepped foot at the famous Sky Bar @ 63rd floor, Lebua Hotels & Resorts, Bangkok.

My bosses wanted to check out Sky Bar after 2 days of intense meeting and discussion in office. And I happily tagged along. :)


4 of us took a taxi from our hotel to Sky Bar. When we reached there, we could see a long queue for the lift that would bring us up to 63rd floor. I would say 90% of them were Westerners (farang in Thai). And I could see that many dressed up for the occasion too.


Stunning Bangkok view from 850 feet in the air





Suspended on a precipice over the city 850 feet in the air, Sky Bar is one of the highest rooftop bars in the world. It's also widely regarded as Bangkok's best rooftop bar with its innovtive cocktails, striking atmosphere and spectacular views of Bangkok.

Not to forget that The New York Times named Sky Bar as


"the most stunning rooftop bar you will ever see."








The glittering multi-hued island Sky Bar is impeccably situated not just for some of the best views in Bangkok, it's also steps from the award-winning Sirocco restaurant, poitionining visitors perfectly for some extraordinary pre and post dinner cocktails and an unforgettable evening under the stars.

But we didn't dine there though. And we didn't order any cocktails.  We just ordered beers and nuts to go with.

And we chatted, walked around, enjoyed the beautiful breathtaking views of Bangkok skyline at night. It was rather breezy and cool. Very nice with the breeze at 820 feet in the air!

There were not stars due to overcast weather. But we still could see the moon. 

With such beautiful place and scenery, I couldn't help myself but snapping away with some photos which are shared here with you all. :)

I hope you can have a glimpse of how beautiful Sky Bar is. 



glittering multi-hued island Sky Bar


Cheers to the beautiful Bangkok skyline!
I was rather excited that night - seeing the beautiful Bangkok skyline at night. With the wine glass, I was looking ahead and cheering to the wonderful land of smile!

Deep inside my heart, I was also starting to think of how to say good bye to 2016 and why resolutions shall I set for 2017!

I can definitely use this shot to say good bye to 2016 to welcome 2017! :) 

I saw the moon, but no stars. The naughty me decided to take a selfie pretending I was "statue of liberty" with the wine glass pointing to the moon. Nice shot, right? :) I love this shot even though the lighting was not too good. 

How to get there?

If you ever visit Bangkok and you are ready to pay for at least a beer, please make it a MUST to visit Sky Bar. And of course, you can also indulge in the innovative cocktails or dine at the Sorocco Restaurant.

Name
Sky Bar, 63rd Floor, Lebua at State Tower

Address             
1055, Si Lom, Khwaeng SIlom, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500 Bangkok, Thailand.

Operation Hours
Daily 6 pm to 1 am

Reservation       
+66 (0) 2624 9555

Website 
click here



Written on 2016.12.04

Comments