Inspirational Quote: Running teaches me that I'm capable of so much more than I ever imagined





Inspirational Quote


Running
teaches me that
I'm capable
 of so much more
than I ever imagined. 


Photographer      : Vincent Khor
Place                  : Kuala Lumpur
Camera              : Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Shoe                  : Skechers GoMeb Speed 3





Why this quote?


I had slipped disc at lumbar 4 and lumbar 5 of my spinal cord many years ago. I was bed ridden for 1 full week and it took me 1.5 year to recuperate and recover.



I have never really run - only until after my slipped disc problem when the running has become increasing popular.

From the initial 3 km run with my colleagues whom have dragged me to train with them for their Penang Bridge International Marathon in 2010, to the present full marathons, i have gone through running ups and downs and several times of wanting to give up due to back pain and knee pain.

Great thanks to Skechers' mid-foot technology running shoes and chi running's injury-free efficient running technique, I have started to enjoy running in a more comfortable manner.

And I have never looked back since.

Running has really taught me to be patient. It has also taught me that once I thought impossible, it is actually possible.

I could never imagine one day I could run again after my slipped disc.

I could never imagine one day I could run 42 km.

Through running, I have also learned to have stronger mental strength and never give-up attitude.

It has taught me not to be afraid to try new things and to challenge my own limits.

It also lets the boring me to have more adventures in life and live a more fulfilling life.

My stronger self-confidence today is also partly due to my running experience.


Running is not just a sport. 

It's a way of life.

And I'm loving it!



Written on 2016.05.20

Comments