Perfect Handkerchief, Unconditional Love



Today my dad told me a secret. A secret that has been kept by my mom for many years.

It's about my handkerchief.....

It started with me noticing 2 pieces of my handkerchief were torn recently. I thought it was due to our domestic helper not being careful during ironing.

I never suspected anything else because all the while my handkerchief was in perfect condition - properly ironed and folded and not torn.

So couple days ago, I told my dad about my discovery of holes on my handkerchief. Not one piece but 2 pieces. It never happened before when mom was around.

Then dad told me a secret....



I have the same character as my mom who doesn't like to spend unnecessarily.

My mom's clothes were my sister's recycled, altered old clothes.

And I also like to wear my old jeans, my shorts, my shirts until they are worn out.

I hardly buy new clothes (except after I picked up running late 2010 which I started to by running gear but also limited compared to many other runners).

Dad told me that when my handkerchief was about to tear, mom reminded me several times to buy new ones. But I kept telling her that I could still use them and no need to buy.

She pitied me. She loved me. She wanted the best for me.

Knowing I didn't want to buy new ones, she secretly took a taxi with my dad to Carrefour to buy the same type same design of handkerchiefs.

Secretly, she would keep the whole set of handkerchief and replace it with exactly the same design of handkerchief when necessary so that I didn't notice the change.

She truly put in so much effort in wanting the best for me, not wanting me to be laughed at when I pull out my handkerchief in public. And she could go all the way to ensure all little details were taken care of.

Mom - your love is truly unconditional. I never realized there was a story behind my perfect handkerchief.

Your unconditional love is the reason why I have perfect handkerchief to use all this while and now I have torn handkerchief without your presence.

The bond between mothers and their children is one defined by love. As a mother's prayers for her children are unending, so are the wisdom, grace and strength they provide to their children.
 I'm blessed to have a mother who loves her children more than she loves herself and that will never change.That's called unconditional love.

I miss you, mom! and Thank you for your unconditional love!


Written on 2016.07.13

Comments