Embrace your inner child and let him/her out to play

My inner child is still ageless


It's funny how life is....

When we are young, we want to grow up faster and become more mature. But in today's competitive, sometimes merciless, cut-throat and selfish world, most of us might also harden up our hearts to protect ourselves from getting hurt.

And as we become more and more "mature", our hearts might have become hardened too. 

In many times and ways, we are also confined by how society wants us to behave because we want to be accepted.

A set of beliefs

A set of values

A set of laws

After a while, we lose ourselves along the way

We conform to the sets of social values formed by the world (be rich and successful, etc)

We surrender to the financial commitments and give up our own dreams

We become so "tight", and not loosening up.

We might hide ourselves behind a mask.

One day, we might just lose ourselves. 

And then we ask ourselves, "Who am I?"

Does that sound familiar to you?

But hey - let's wait no more. Let's find out who we are. 

And the best way is to connect with the inner child in us again. 😜😜😜


Hug that inner child and let him or her out to play...

Embrace that inner child and let him or her out to play...

Paulo Coelho, the author of "The Alchemist", once said, "Hold the hand of the child that lives in your soul. For this child, nothing is impossible."

We know that deep down within each of us there is a child who is joyful to simply be alive. A child who is excited about everything that life has to offer. A child who simply wants to "play" through life. 😘😜😝😛💗

The kid in you holds the key to living a full and rich life.

Happiness can be found there.

Embrace and hug that inner child.

Let him or her out to play!

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Let him or her live each and every day.

And as the inner child of yours comes out to play and live each and every day, keep your childlike wonder and enthusiasm alive for even the smallest pleasures and stay young and happy within forever.


The nature and the world are my playgrounds

I have started to realize how fragile life is and started to appreciate life even more.

Therefore, I am letting my inner child out to play. haha! 

Am I too old for that? 

I don't think so. 

It's never too old to reach upon the stars. :)

Therefore, I declare that the nature, the road, the sea, the world are my playgrounds. 

Running is letting my inner child go wild. :)

Running shoes and bicycle are my toys

Marathons and Triathlon are my games

And as I travel, the childlike wonder and enthusiasm will allow me to appreciate smallest pleasures in life. 

Living a sports-inspired simple, healthy, positive life is what my inner child is asking for. 😊


Are you letting your inner child out to play? 

What will be his or her playgrounds? 😋




Written by Vincent Khor on 23 April 2017

Comments