Running shoes I wear so far: Mizuno, New Balance, Skechers, Newton and Saucony



My running friends recommended me Mizuno Wave Rider way back in 2010 when I first started running. They laughed at me for wearing Admiral walking shoe to run at first place. I couldn't even tell the difference between walking shoe, casual shoe and running shoe. I only chose shoe by design previously and not by its functions and purposes. 






After wearing 2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Rider which have served me well, I was recommended by a running friend to try out New Balance shoe for its wider fore-foot area due to my wider feet.  I found New Balance shoes to be trendy and comfortable. But perhaps I didnt know how to choose the right shoes - the models I bought tended to be heavier and oversize. Anyway, I'm not blaming the shoes. I think I'm in the discovery stage to find out what best fits me.



As a newbie in running, I used to have knee pain, or other common running injuries. Then I slowly discovered mid foot running and chi running. With that discovery and determination to have an injury-free running life, I have spent 1.5 year trying to change from heel landing to mid foot landing with the aid of Skechers GOrun series. 




Even though I'm not 100% mid foot runner yet, but Skechers GOrun series helped me along during the change in running form. Eventually it lead me to discovery of forefoot running shoe - Newton Gravity. However, I only used Newton Gravity for training purpose due to its weights. Prefer lighter shoe when running full marathons.

Newton


When I wanted to buy my 3rd pair of Skechers GOrun in Hong Kong in Jan 2015, Skechers GOrun 4 didn't produce shoe size 9.5 (U.S.) anymore. Under advice of the Skechers retail shop attendant, I have decided to try out Skechers GOMeb Speed 3 instead.  Now I'm pretty comfortable with Skechers GoMeb Speed 3 as it has helped me to improve my time further. The only challenge I have with Skechers shoes is that I am unable to find my shoe size - U.S. shoe size 9.5 as it's not available in Malaysia. 


Skechers GOMeb Speed 3

Therefore, I am planning to try out Saucony Kinvara 6 as my next running shoes as I have heard so much good reviews about it. And shoe size 9.5 (U.S.) is also available in Malaysia!  Either Saucony or I will stick back to Skechers GOMeb Speed 3 if I manage to buy it overseas. 

(Updated 27 Sept 2015: Bought Saucony Kinvara 6 for RM 359 (10% off from original price of RM399) at Stadium, Mid Valley, KL on 27 September 2015.)

Saucony Kinvara 6

Written on 27 September 2015

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shoes collections, love the colors...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment