My Meaningful Life Challenge List. What's on your list?



I'm over 40

When I started running in 2010, I was already classified under Junior Veteran category. (Now you can guess my actual age, right? haha!)

Does age really matter or it's just a number? I personally believe that age does matter. It's not just a number. 



Effects of Over 40
I start to develop wrinkles and gray hair.

My heart rate becomes slightly slower. My blood vessels and arteries also become stiffer, causing my heart to work harder to pump blood through them.

My bones tend to shrink in size and density - which weakens them and makes them more susceptible to fracture. And I also find myself shorter in height. :) No joke!

Muscles lose strength and flexibility.

Memory also might naturally become less efficient with age. It might take longer to learn new things or remember familiar words or names.



Is Life Over after 40?

Oh no! It ain't over til it's over! 

In fact, as I move into second half of my life years back, I'm starting to count how many years I have left in this world

I remember when I was younger, I never thought of this as there were so many many years ahead in life. But now, if I follow my mom's lifespan, I would  have only 20 to 30 years left in this world. And if I follow my dad's lifespan, I would have 40-50 years left in this world. 

But I'm not going to sit there and wait for the sun to set.


Moving from Success to Significance 

I want to make my second half of my life to be better than the firstMuch better

I want my second half of my life to be lived at its most rewarding

I want to move from success to significance.

I want to live a meaningful, purposeful life in my second half of my life.


10 Ways to Live a More Meaningful Life 
(source:  lifehack )

  1. Know what is important for you
  2. Pursue your passion
  3. Discover your life's purpose
  4. Be aware of yourself and your actions
  5. Focus
  6. People more than things
  7. Live with compassion
  8. Find a way to give back
  9. Simplify your life
  10. Set daily goals

So, what would my second half of life turn out to be? 

I don't know. 

But I surely want to challenge myself to live a simple, healthy, positive, meaningful life.



My Meaningful Life Challenge List


I have created this "meaningful life challenge list" to constantly remind myself and to use it as a checklist for tracking purpose. I will also constantly update this list periodically. For things I have completed, I would cross out. For new meaningful life challenges, I will then add into this list again.

Here is to share with you:

Life
     Impact and influence people I connect with in market place
     Motivate, challenge and encourage others to be the best they can be
     Care for the weak, the sick, the elderly and orphans
     Friendly to nature and environment
     Simplify life as best as possible
             

Food
     Eat less meat (min 90% vegetables & fruits)
     
     
Sports & Fitness
Run
     Run a 10k  [2010.11.28  CICM Responsible Care Run 2010]
     Run a half marathon 21k  [2011.06.16  Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon 2011]
     Run a full marathon 42k   [2012.06.24  Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon 2012]
     Run a sub 4:30 full marathon in Malaysia  [2014.08.10 The Island Ocean Marathon Langkawi 2014]
     Run a sub 4:30 full marathon overseas  [2013.12.21  Taipei Fubon Marathon 2013]
     Run a sub 4:00 full marathon in Malaysia  [2015.04.11 3R International Marathon 2015, Putrajaya]
     Run a sub 4:00 full marathon overseas  [2015.01.25 Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2015]
     Run a sub 3:55 full marathon in Malaysia
     Run a sub 3:55 full marathon overseas  [2016.02.21  Kaohsiung Mizuno International Marathon 2016]
     Run a sub 3:50 full marathon overseas
     Run a sub 3:45 full marathon in Malaysia
     Run a sub 3:45 full marathon overseas
     Run an ultra marathon
     Run 12 full marathons in 12 months

Biathlon 
     Swim-Bike  [2011.12.11 Chin Woo Biathalon 2011]

Triathlon
     Sprint distance (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run) in Malaysia   [2015.10.10 Port Dickson International Marathon 2015]
     Olympics distance (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run) in Malaysia
     Half Ironman (1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run) in Malaysia
     Ironman (3.86km swim, 180km bike, 42km run) in Malaysia

     Sprint distance (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run) overseas
     Olympics distance (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run) overseas
     Half Ironman (1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run) overseas
     Ironman (3.86km swim, 180km bike, 42km run) overseas

Bike
     
Swim

Scuba dive [1993]


Travel
     Visit 20 countries [To date  13: Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Australia, USA, The Netherlands, Belgium
     Run in 10 countries [To date 5: Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong]
     Bike in 10 countries [To date 3: Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea]
     Swim in 10 countries [To date 3: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand]
     Triathlon in 5 countries 
     Visit all 13 states and 3 federal territories in Malaysia [To date 13 states + 2 FT: Penang, Selangor, Johor, Melaka, Perak, Terengganu, Kedah, Kelantan, Pahang, Perlis, Sabah, Sarawak, Negeri Sembilan, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan]
     Live on the beach in some tropical country for 1 month 
     Take a 1-month short course in a university in a foreign country
     Re-visit California, USA


Self-Development
Language
     Chinese (speaking) - learn proper Mandarin speaking & pronunciation 
     Chinese (writing) - brush up Chinese writing skill 
     Learn another language [Thai]

Writing
     Start a blog
         100 articles in 2016
     Write an e-book
     Publish a real physical book
    


What's on your Meaningful Life Challenge List?
You may share yours on the comment below or via facebook page to motivate and encourage other readers to live a meaningful life as well.

Thank you.


Written on 2016.07.15

Comments