Completion of 22 push ups | 22 days challenge




On August 22, elite triathlete Kevin Siah's challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days. His reason to nominate me: the 22 Push Ups |  22 Days Challenge should be part of my training and preparation for my maiden Half Ironman event on September 4. I gladly accepted this challenge because sifu said so. :) And I should listen to this kind humble sifu who helped to advice me on my preparation. Happy to know also that this challenge is to raise



What is 22 Push Ups | 22 Days Challenge?
I'm very happy to know that this 22 push-ups | 22 days challenge is to raise awareness and attention to the rate of suicide amongst the service men and women who are battling post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)


In 2013, statistics in the United States revealed that an average of 22 Veterans commit suicide every day. In Canada, statistics showed that 160 veterans committed suicide between 2004 and March 2014 - greater than the number of Canadian Armed Forces members killed during the war in Afghanistan.  It's this staggering reality that lead four individuals from Ottawa to create the 22 Push Ups | 22 Days Challenge.  PTSD is not unique to service men and women but can affect anyone. 

The goal is to nominate a friend, family member or a colleague and challenge them to do 22 push ups for 22 days. Participants post their videos on social media and nominate or encourage others to join the fight.


Completion of my 22 Push Ups | 22 days Challenge (August 22 - September 12)


Early morning 22 push ups on the floor.
Tried out doing 22 push ups with the TRX suspension rope. Tougher but fun!

Today (Sept 12) marked my completion of the 22 push-ups | 22 days challenge. Hooray!

I see many people nominating one person for each day for 22 days. And I see many people taking up the challenge. That's very good!

As for now, I'm not too used to the public limelight. Haha! Therefore, I only posted up my first 22 push-ups video on Facebook (see the above) to show that I have accepted the challenge and kept the rest of my push ups behind closed door. lol!!

For some days, I didn't manage to do push ups. So I caught up with it in same day - as most 66 push ups in a day. This morning I also caught up with my push ups - doing 44 push ups. 

I did most of my push ups on the floor. I did do 2 rounds of 22 push ups using TRX suspension rope though. Tough but fun!! I wish I could put more varieties to the push ups because I believe there are many ways to do it creatively.

Nonetheless, in 22 days, I have completed 484 push ups to raise awareness and attention to the rate of suicide amongst the service men and women who are battling post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). 

To the service men and women around the world, hats off to you! Be strong




First day of 22 push ups | 22 days challenge


First day of 22 push ups | 22 days challenge

Written on 2016.09.12

Comments